Wednesday, July 1, 2009

You may remember that last week I was going off to start Dado and Rita’s quilt. Well I started it, it shouldn’t have taken more than a couple of hours to finish the quilt top but I broke my machine needle on a pin and it took forever to prise out of the plate, so eventually I gave up! Saying that, before I broke the needle I was in an extremely industrious mood and had managed to sew together a few jelly roll strips for two other quilts that I need to make as baby gifts.
Dado and Rita’s quilt is made from two charm packs. Charm packs are 5inx5in squares of fabric, there are normally about 40 squares in a pack. So all I had to do was arrange them the way I liked. It’s pretty small as it is, so I’m going to have to add a plain boarder to frame it and an additional boarder as a frame from some coordinating fabric.

The baby ones are to be stacked coin quilts, but I get the feeling that they are going to be uber hard to part with.
I wanted it to be ready in time for my Mum to take to the UK with her on Saturday but it has been one of those weeks!


My favourite piece of fabric is the red flower in the middle.

2 comments:

  1. Such lovely fabrics.
    WAIT isn't this your 10th post??? Where is your give away girl????? You better have a 25 post give away or I am removing myself as a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty Laila! I can't wait to one day see these creations! I have not bought a charm pack or a jelly roll yet! Just wait!

    ReplyDelete