The kids have been at home for two months! Abdulla will be back at nursery and Noora will be starting at big school in a month. We have been coasting along happily, but today I really feel the need for them to be back at school and also for the hubby to go back to work! I woke up this morning and missed the hustle to get going and be on the road, to pass them off on to someone else and have a few hours of peace. Don't get me wrong I'm not the ungrateful type and I really do love my children but there has been too much opportunity of late for them to get in to trouble and I mean dangerous trouble!
I have been trying to get Noora to be a bit more independent when it comes to going to the toilet, when she starts school she will be expected to go by herself. This afternoon she went to wash her hands, must have hopped up on the stool and done something silly because the next thing I heard an almighty crash. I went in to the toilet to find her lying on the floor surrounded by glass, she had somehow managed to knock the candle and the glass shelf down and landed in it. I lifted her and stood her up to find that she was clutching two shards of glass, I tried to get her to let go but she had managed to give herself such a fright she was in shock and I had great difficulty prising it from her hand. Amazingly and thankfully she was fine, no cuts just a really big fright!!!!!!!!!
I know she gets her clumsy tendencies from me, so I can't blame her really but come on really???
I'm running out of ideas of things to do and the heat doesn't help, they keep begging for more TV, how much TV can I give them. Abdulla can put a DVD in for himself and sneaks off to do exactly that, if i disconnect it from the wall he goes off and gets the portable DVD and sets himself up. This kid is only two and has never been shown how!
They are all crafted and painted out. It's like cabin fever, only much much worse. What's a mum to do?????
Lulu's cast should be off by the end of the week. All going well lets have a splash afternoon again, hard to believe the last one was 6 weeks ago, hasn't time just flown by.
ReplyDeleteDo you think Noora would have the patience for some sewing style craft? you can get those really big blunt needles and a frame and she can try some big stitches. laith started about a year ago and would pick it up and put it down. I was thinking one of the hook rug kits from al hadramy to do with lulu. i remember doing them with my mum as a kid. it would be great if you could find her something that challenges that sharp little mind of hers.
I feel like we are on the home stretch now, one week until my Sister is here, under 2 weeks until the boys go on their adventure, 4 weeks until they are back and school starts and my sis leaves and then I WILL HAVE MORNINGS FREE WOO HOO!!!!!!! No, really I am not VERY excited at thought ;-)