I think it's a great idea, it will give us all some idea's of future projects. I mostly like looking at the colour combinations that other quilters put together. I wish we had the quilting shops that they have........bliss!
I don't think my first ever quilt qualifies, seeing as Judy (whom taught me how to quilt) ended up finishing it so that I could move house. This one is my first quilt, I did it alone with lots and lots of mistakes. Judy made me rip quite a bit of it apart as it has the skirty effect on the boarders and my blocks were different sizes.
These little beauties are my very latest. Can you see I haven't put the binding on, but that will change tonight. Tonight I will stitch the binding on and then sit in front of the t.v and love every moment of finishing them.
The sashing, boarders and backing are a white leaf on white cotton that I got in the fabric shop in Athaiba.
When I look through the quilts I've made in between, I notice that my style hasn't evolved much. I feel confident to branch out on other now things especially as my cutting and sewing of lines is almost perfect (shoot me). So once I've caught up on all my WIP's/UFO's I hope to make either Summer Sunshine or Girlfriends Galore from Material Obsession.
Since I can't do that linky thing, here are the links:
I think your first quilt is just beautiful - I love the colors!! And I don't have to say that your recent ones are wonderful too. Great job on all of them!
ReplyDeleteLaila ~ I love them all ~ including the quilts in your blog header! They're beautiful! I love how you use the white sashings, it makes the quilts look very contemporary, and it lets the rest of the colors pop.
ReplyDeleteAnd can I just say that it looks like you have definitely made a "shift" in color preferences from first to most recent... :)
Love those coin quilts. So bright and fresh! Thanks for joining in!
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the world of blogging. It does take some time to develop a following but oh how good it feels when you start getting regulars. I love brown so your first quilt really hit a cord with me. I looked over your quilts, nice work! Stop by sometime. Janet
ReplyDeleteBeautiful quilts! I love the bright fabrics.
ReplyDeleteYour first quilt is really pretty. I love the neutral colors you used. Your latest quilts are beautiful, too. Love the fabrics!
ReplyDeleteVery pretty! Great job on both the first and the most recent!
ReplyDeleteI love the fabrics you are using on your latest quilts, very pretty!
ReplyDeleteWow...I love the Pop Garden and Farmer's Market quilts!
ReplyDeleteI love stacked coin quilts, made my first one this spring. The color choices you made are lovely!
ReplyDeleteVery pretty. I love those fabrics in your second & third quilts. But, I'm very impressed with your first one too! I love the soft natural colors of it! Good job!
ReplyDeleteI love the designs of your quilts. They are beautiful. My quilts are in my Stitched Together blog, please stop by.
ReplyDelete