Saturday, July 11, 2009

Done!

Remember the two baby quilts I was working on? They are finally done. One of them left to go to Dubai this morning and the other will be delivered soon.

I managed to finish the first one at Crafty Mamas morning that Mirage organised and hosted. I met Mamati from sew chique and unique and caught up with Alia Coffeebeans Dailies. We laughed, exchanged idea, looked at Mirages wonderful crafty books (green with envy by the way!) and some of us sewed. It was a lovely morning filled with laughter and lots of positive vibes :-)

I motored along trying to get this one done, so that Isra could wash it and pop it in her drier for me to achieve that lovely crinkled look.


I really do wish I could take better pictures, I wish I had a garden so I could lay it on the grass or a washing line that didn't have a concrete wall behind it, how I wish for picket fences that I could drape my quilts over to photograph. No, it wouldn't work there's no detracting from the fact that my pictures would still be technically rubbish!

Crinkly goodness and it smelt delicious too. Chinese wandwy sewise is excellent, will send more mechanise wewy soon! Trying very hard to be arty farty!


This is the second quilt, the stipple on this is much larger and only took an hour to do. I know this because I watched The Oprah show whilst doing it.

Now on to the next project. I have cut and made the blocks for Noora's quilt which is so far looking adorable! I will at the advice of my sister and friend add some white sashing and boarders which I intend to cut up today. I have to have the quilt top and backing assembled and basted by tomorrow night if i am going to stay on schedule for getting it done in time for the little princess' birthday.

So far I really feel like I'm achieving! I wonder what's about to happen?

3 comments:

  1. Chinese wandry like u busnus keep cuming!

    The quilts look great. We all long for that lovely patch of grass to take nice pics. Maybe once a month you drag everything you have done down to Qurum park for a photo session ;-)

    Those fabric combinations are lovely. I am sure you must at the end of your stash of those.

    Oh and you LINKED! well done, aren't you a techno blogging chic these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree those quilts are gorgeous. It was lovely meeting you too. Goodluck on organising everything in time for the birthday! I am sure you have everything under control let me know if you need an extra pair of hands :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I linked but only thanks to you my pal, if it weren't for your tutorial I would never have worked it out. How was I supposed to work that one out?
    Thanks for the offer Sew Chic but I have my little elves (Sara and Ajla) and soon we will reopen the sweat shop. They say it's worse than a sweat shop as they don't get paid, i think dinner and a roof over the heads is more than enough!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete