Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Sew-Jo

I got it back, must have left it somewhere a while back and know it has found me.

Last March I made birthday quilts for both Ajla and Diane, I got as far as the finishing the quilt tops and getting the backs done but then life got in the way and then I lost my mojo.

Today, the kids went of to their aunt's for Iftar and a play with their cousins (I decided not to go because of all the hormones), instead I started basting this beauty018A closer look. 019 I'm going  to do a light meander on her so as not to detract from the fabric. I’m hoping to get her done tonight and start on Diane’s tomorrow.

Another bit of inspiration came in the form of this little gem, which I got a couple of weeks back but hadn’t had a chance to really look at.017

Before I start, I think it must be Time for Tea

XX

3 comments:

  1. I soooooooooo love those fabrics! I am also very happy to hear that you found your sew-jo, good for you because I did nothing LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laila, I love this quilt! The pattern is so effective and it looks quite simple! Where is it from??

    I like how you have coined the phrase too, "SEW-JO". I certainly lost mine for a year and have gotten it back!

    Nice to see you yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't accept credit for the phrase it belongs to Isra. I have ti admit to something but will save it for another post!

    ReplyDelete