Friday, August 14, 2009

Catching up with the world!


After ummhing and aahing for a long time now, I finally took the plunge and bought myself an Ipod. I justified the out lay by telling myself that I could downloads loads of podcasts, stories, music and audio books for listening to whilst I am sewing and because of the amount of time the kids and I will be spending in the car come the new school year!
I must admit that I was very nervous about it as I feel that since I stopped working, technology has left me by the wayside. I used to be very tech savvy but now I turn to my mum for advice on techy stuff. If my computer goes wrong I don't try to tackle it, I immediately call the techy man to come and take care of it. I used to laugh at my mum when she would say that technology scared her, I totally understand the way she felt now and could never understand why anyone would want one of those blackberry thingies!!!!
So I got it home and started downloading/uploading (whatever it's called) and have been surprised at how easy it has been. My favourite is a podcast that my pall Isra introduced me to when we were cutting Noora's birthday bunting, I hadn't laughed so much in ages. I went out with my cousin on the boat today(whilst the DH baby sat) and took my poddy with me and listened to them on the way to Bander Khairan, one of the women reminds me of Judy my lovely friend who introduced me to quilting and a fellow pilots wife who took very good care of me when we were based in Abu Dhabi.
My mum has been away with Salim for nearly two months and they aren't back untill the 12th of September and are going again in November for a month. They are away because the summers offer Salim a terrible quality of life and also they needed to seek specialist help for Salims obsessive behaviours and his sensory issues. I have missed them lots since they have been away but today I have missed then both terribly. :-(
Miss you lots Ma!

1 comment:

  1. Yipee, how exciting is that,so cool. Now you will have to make a little iPod cozy! LOL on asking your Mum these days, Laila what are we going to do with you gal!

    ReplyDelete