I've been a bit indisposed. First my brother shows up and insists on having BBQ's, when I declined he and my sister ganged up on me and started calling me a mummy and referring to me as boring! In my opinion the only wanted someone to set up, make the salads and clear up at the end of the night. I have to say apart from the cleaning up duties, I did enjoy myself. On both nights I didn't get to bed till two a.m.
I've also been trying to get some parts of the house packed up, we're having double glazing installed. We had to take all the curtains down, pack stuff away, tape up the cupboards (against the dust), put things in boxes, pack up our stuff for going to my mums, oh and I quickly organised the cupboards before I shoved everything else in (why???). I'm sure mt cupboard obsession harks back to my childhood, on Thursdays we would have to clean out our rooms including the cupboards. These had to be emptied vacuumed and then wiped down with a cloth!!! So Mama, that's another thing i can blame you for ;-) We're also going to be painting, getting the sofa's recovered, moving people around into different rooms etc..... Nothing like a bit of change to brighten things up a bit! YAY
I went to our Chatty Crafters morning, where we are making an Amy Butler Bag. I had a laugh with the ladies at all the silly little mistakes we had made following (or not) the instructions. The bag requires a lot of interfacing hence all I managed to do was iron all the interfacing on to the cut fabric, I worked at it for three solid hours!!!!!! It will be along time before I try making this bag again, It will probably be along time before I get the blooming thing finished. Alia has posted pictures of our morning here.
We have moved in to my mum's. I am looking forward to our next couple of weeks here. I'm going to have some friends round, throw the kids in the pool and pray that the cabin fever dissipates!
Now that the hard part is done the bag will come together in no time, i promise ;-)
ReplyDeleteHey Laila, you are no longer in my neck of the woods! Is this move due to the window treatments?
ReplyDeleteBusy girl!
The bag! I haven't touched it! Maybe I will take pics tomorrow and do a progress thingy on my blog!