Monday, August 3, 2009

I owe it to a few friends!

I need to go back a bit for you to understand this story, it may seam a bit long winded but please bare with me.

Last December the FatQuarterShop.com had a sale on, everyday a different range would 50% off. So a good day was a day when the fabric on sale was one I was hoping for and a bad day was when I didn't like what they had to offer. All week I waited for Lotta Latte by Deb Strain for Moda to go on sale but it never did, I really wanted it for a friend but alas it was way to pricey!

I spent a bit of extra time with that friend last week but even after our goodbye's I couldn't not think about her, I decided that I wanted to make something for her. Isra and I had already arranged to go off to the fabric guy in AlKhuwair on Thursday morning. So there we were pulling out rolls but nothing took my fancy, I dug a little deeper looking at the selvages and flash flash what was that? Is that, could it be, could it just possibly be DEB STRAIN. I whipped it out excited and sure enough there it was Lotta Latte. You can Imagine right? Isra admired we oohed and aaaahed and then the guy says: Madam I have more at which stage I nearly wet myslef. So feast your eyes ladies...................


Wee milk jugs, tea cups, lattes with cream..All together now.......Issssssssssn't iiiiiit Lovelllly, Lovellly, Lovelllly

these ones aren't from the same line but they coordinate really well.

The Idea was that I would make her a sampler with the panels and some coasters, napkins, tea towells and aprons for her Shop(My pal owns Cafe G) which sells the best ever coffee and bits of cake. I asked Miss G over to so that we could brain storm the fabric, but my friend had other ideas. First she placed an order for some loyal customers who are leaving the country, then an order for her shop and then volunteered to stock the items in her shop to sell on to customers. How's that????? Isra recently had a brilliant idea(she's still working on it so I can't give away her secrets) and since hearing it I have been raring to go, so this offer has come at the right time. I'm bursting with ideas and want to get moving.

I went back the next day and bought more of the same as well as different fabrics so that there is a bit of a selection.


I will keep you posted on what's happening and let you know when the merchandise will be available for sale. Wish me luck!



3 comments:

  1. This is great news I am so happy for you Laila wishing you all the best and cant wait to see what you and Isra have in mind!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto man! That is such great news for your commission! Good luck and remember to get up and move and stretch after a while!!

    ReplyDelete