Remember I mentioned that I was going off to Isra’s this morning for our Chatty Crafters morning and was hoping for some sew-jo. Well, I went , I conquered but best of all I have got my sew-jo back!She’s a bit boss eyed(as my mum would say) but otherwise I really do like her! It’s the first time I’ve ever made anything like a stuffed doll and I think I just may be hooked. Sharon (Isra’s big sis) showed us what to do and she is a fantastic teacher especially if you listen to what she is telling you to do ( I didn’t). Sharon makes fantastic dolls from felt, you can see one that she had made previously on Isra's header.
I decided whilst I was there that I was going to go off to Boarders to get a copy of the book that the pattern came out of. But unfortunately for me Boarders closes between one and seven during Ramadan boo hoo! So of I went to get my shopping and decided that I would go back tonight and get it.
Whilst doing my shopping, Isra sent me a message which said: ‘there is a treat for you in your bag XOXO’’, so I raced round and got the rest of my shopping and pilled it in the car.
I opened my bag and found thisThe book I wanted!
So I am feeling a tad bit morose today and so I blubbed in the car park of city centre, I am a woman with hormones and proud of it! Note to self - must get back on the evening primrose oil.
So a big thank you to Sharon for showing us how it’s done and to Isra for opening up her house to us and for being such a great friend. (Do i get my Grammy now?)
XX
P.S. We took a group photo, I'll link as soon as the girls have blogged.
Edited to add that the hostess with the mostess has blogged about our fun morning
Oh shucks! Gesh, I am happy for Ramadan shop timings now LOL. I really liked you mocha fella today, any names yet? Your post made me giggle, you are sooooooo the ms. speedy at the front of the class from school. You cracked me up today I hope our new comer was not scared off LOL.
ReplyDeleteYay more softies, I am sure Hector must be on the list. ;-)