On the way out to drop the kids off at their cousins this morning, this is what we came across, parked outside the the mosque.
At first we giggled and then I turned the car around to have a better look and to take some photo’s, I was thinking that this would make a brilliant post. I got back in the car and looked closer at the car and was felt utterly ashamed of myself and knew that if my mum was with me she would have skelped my *rs*.
Who ever this person was had literally strapped their entire belongings to the car and left it outside the mosque in hope ( I think) that no one would steal anything. It had me thinking, had the man of the home lost his job and had they been evicted? Where they now living in the mosque? Would he get another job? Would they find somewhere else to live? What if he got in to an accident driving like that, what would happen to his family then? Can you see the baby walker? there was a bouncy chair as well! I could never imagine being in these people’s shoes.
I dropped the kids off and went back, to see if I could find the man and give him some help but the car was gone.
I showed the picture to a friend later and she suggested that they may have been moving to a new home. Perhaps they were, but I will still count my blessings tonight because I am lucky enough to be able to afford to hire a man with a van to move my stuff without endangering my life.
I hope tonight that they are in their new home and if not I pray that they have somewhere cool and comfortable to stay for the night.
Seeing things like this helps put things in to perspective, especially with Ramadan looming.
Good Night.
that is some serious car packing! I can't believe he could make it through the streets of Muscat without being pulled over. I hope that he was on his way to a new home too.
ReplyDeleteOMG....that is a dangerous way to drive...
ReplyDeleteI think he might be moving to the next block or to some near by place, he will be fined if he drive like this in the main street.
I too hope he reached safely to his new place
Hopefully they were moving. When in Vietnam, we were told that the Vietnamese put everything on their mopeds, including a water buffalo. Just then we saw from our tour bus two men on a moped with a refrigerator balanced between them. Stranger things have been seen.
ReplyDeleteIt saddens me to think that they couldnt hire a truck to help them move, and i do hope that there were no kids sitting in the back.
ReplyDeleteI do hope they are safe and settled in their new home too