Monday, August 17, 2009

Nearly there!

The windows are in, and all but one room is painted!

I spent the day at the house with Diana trying to clean up. It is going to take a while for the dust to settle, every time we turned our backs we would go back in to what was supposed to be a clean room to find more dust. I get the feeling that we will be trailing dust for quite a while!

I moved all my sewing stuff up to the top floor so that I can finally have my sewing nook and not have to worry about the machine waking the kids or DH up. I am so pleased and so far it looks great. The kids rooms are done up in colours they requested and all that’s missing are the curtains, which come on Wednesday morning.  The Main hallway and sitting room are looking really light and airy since they have been repainted a lovely Ivory colour. The sofa has been taken away for recovering and won’t be back for another 3 weeks or so ( ssssshhhh i still haven’t told the hubby).

All that’s left to do cleaning wise is the bottom floor which we will be attacking tomorrow and then aaaaaaaahhhhh bliss, we can move back in!I can’t wait. It has been lovely being at my mums, especially with the pool to throw the kids in but now I am ready for home.

On a crappy note, there is the god-awful rumour going around that school has been put back until after Eid!  I have checked the MOE website and so far it’ says that they were holding a meeting with the MOH and would work out the best way to tackle the swine Flu issue whilst making sure that the children's’ health was a priority,  although they did state that they don’t believe that delaying school would be of a benefit to anyone. The meeting was to be held today, I will check the website again in the morning.

I truley feel that in the best interests of the children and sanity of the mum’s who have very much been looking forward to next week, the school year must start next week! How desperate do I sound?

No comments:

Post a Comment