Sunday, September 27, 2009

Whilst I Still Can!

I went out this morning to run a couple of errands and to catch up with Isra for a coffee, when I got home Noora wasn’t looking too good and was complaining of a sore throat so I took her temperature and it was a 37.9c (100f). Out came the Calpol suspension which did nada  for the poor thing and on the way out the door to see the Doc she threw up all over me and then proceeded to wipe her mouth of my shirt! charming eh? By the time we arrived at the hospital she had made a miraculous recovery and proceeded to bounce all over the waiting room. Even managing to scrounge some Oreo cookies from some other kids!!!

We went to the new AlRafa Hospital which is where Dr. Suri has moved to, standards were equal to those of Muscat Hospital. You can’t make an appointment, it’s a case of first come first served which although is not ideal is no different from MPH since they have changed their policies. Dr. Suri’s prices remain the same but Noora ran to him and gave him the biggest hug and so I have no complaints.

Anyway, she fell asleep on the way home and I lay her down on the couch a couple of hours later she woke up with a temperature of 40c (104f), out came the Calpol which she threw up and so I had to bring in the heavy artillery BUM MEDICINE. I hate having to give it to them, it always results in shouts and pleas of “mummy I promise I will be good, no mummy no’’ I hate it.

So I have written off the rest of the week  and even had to cancel the Organised Mum open house as no doubt the germs will spread like wild fire and soon all of us will be out of action, I only hope that if I am going to get it then I get it before Noora’s first day of school nest week.

So if you don’t hear from me then you know why. I’m off to bed as no doubt I’m in for a long night.

Wish me luck

Florence Nightingale

6 comments:

  1. Oh bless you Laila! Truly, best wishes for little Noora to get well and for the rest of you all not to get sick. Where did she get this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. from her adoring nana. whats mine is hers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a great mum! Hope you are all chilling today and she is feeling a little better. Hugs Noora.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I empathize with you. There is nothing that compares with how you feel when your child is sick. Despite the mess and the worry, all you want to do is love her. God bless you and Noora. Get some rest when you can and things will get better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, this is Kim from the great give post you responded to...I would love to pick you, I am very excited that you are also willing to make and give something handmade to three people. Just make yourself a little blog post about it to getyour great give going!
    I only wish I could get one of the beautiful things YOU make!!!
    Oh, and will you e-mail me you address at madi_bell@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete