Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Good Intentions

Why is it that when you have great intentions something comes up! Not that I mind in this case.

At about two this afternoon I got a phone call from my pregnant friend telling me that she was going to get admitted to hospital due to some complications with her pregnancy, I had already agreed to be her birthing partner and so I needed to get ready. The doc wanted to admit her immediately but she managed to talk her in to letting her go back to work to do her handover, collect her stuff and have something to eat!!!!! So I had time to cook the dinner, arrange with my sister to take the kids to the beach and machine sew the binding on to the quilt (so I could hand sew whilst I was with her).

I collected said friend and off we went to the hospital, because of her high blood pressure she isn’t allowed a private room and is on the ward and hence I am not allowed to stay with her. The nurses said I could get her settled in and stay through visiting hours(which during Ramadan are between eight and ten!), so we had a few games of *hit Head( a card game), read a bit, made a few phone calls and here I am.

I have to say that I am pooped and am ready for my bed.  Her sister and I are sharing the shift tomorrow so I’m in for a busy day.We find out in the morning what the plan of action is C-section or induction.

I will need to be up pretty early to make the lunch before I go. Thank god Mohamed is back tonight as I won’t have to deal with “leaving the kids guilt”

At least I will have one quilt done at the end of all this!

Keep your fingers crossed for my pal!

XX

1 comment:

  1. wow, exciting stuff! and now your quilt have a story behind it too. Good luck "said friend".

    ReplyDelete