Monday, June 22, 2009

We Are Back!

So, I felt rested enough to go on our little trip and am so glad that I decided to go. It was a relaxed but fun filled trip for both the the kids and myself. The best bit about it was that I had my kids all to myself, they had their moments but otherwise the were great.

We stayed at Aisha's, Aisha is my childhood friend. We have been friends for twenty years and used to dream about our kids being friends. I'm glad to report that Noora and Laila hit it off and got on like a house on fire, we couldn't separate them. On the other hand, Abdulla and Layan didn't take to each other at all, they goaded each other mercilessly and drove us all bonkers!

On our way out the door!My wee monkeys were very well behaved and charmed the pants off the crew. I am so proud of them.

We went to The Barney show, Abdulla was very upset that he couldn't go and meet him when the show started and screamed throughout he first half of the performance! He finally calmed down and enjoyed the show up until the finale song(i love you, you love me) when he started screaming at the purple dinosaur to "shut up". I guess he didn't want the show to end! Noora loved the show and kept shouting, legs in the air:" Barney, I came to see you. Look I'm wearing my new shoes". The innocence! I hope it stays that way for a long time.

Misery Guts!The girls got some painting done before the show!


I took the kids to see the house that Mohamed and I lived in when we first got married. This is the home we took Noora to after she was born. This was our first home, it was a sentimental moment for me. In a way the trip on a whole was sentimental, I remembered the parts I liked about living in Abu Dhabi but also I remembered why I couldn't get out of there fast enough.

Yesterday, we had a lovely day with Simone and the kids (also a very good childhood friend). Simone and the kids haven't been very well of late with lots of trips to the doctors and stays in hospital. It was good to spend time with my pal and reminisce about the good old days and the kids had a blast. The kids got some beautiful books from Simone and I was the very lucky recipient of a Radley handbag. I'll take some photo's and post at a later date. I'm disappointed with myself that I didn't get my camera out but it was all a bit wild!

Thank you my friends for welcoming us into your homes and making it feel like old times. Miss you already and love you lots.

XXX

1 comment: