Sunday, June 14, 2009

Quilts

This little beauty was the First quilt that I had ever stippled, it took a total of nine hours to do!!!
I had tried practising but in the end gave up and decided to just go for it. It was made for Lulus' birthday and I just love it, as you can imagine it was very difficult to part with. I have been trying get my hands on the same fabric line ever since but haven't had any luck. I can't remember the name of it but it's by erin mcmorris.


These coasters were made for Isra at xmas time, I also made her a table runner but never got a good picture. Infact I made three table runners, all of varying sizes.

The picture below gives you a peak of my mums table runner and mats.

This was Sara's christmas quilt. Its the one that's on my header, the pattern is from the book Jelly Roll Quilts by Pam and Nicky Lintott

This one was onother one that I found very difficult to part with. I did some random meandering for the quilting since I didn't want to detract from the fabric and I was worried about how long it would take to stipple as it is much larger than Lulu's quilt.

At xmas time I had a little production line going. I started a week before christmas and towards the end had to enlist Ajla and Sara's help. One of us would cut, the other would sew and then press. It was a nightmare, I didn't look at my machine for a very long time after.
I also made some reversible patchwork bags, which I really enjoyed! I'll find some pictures and post another time. Must dash, Noora tells me that she needs me.
XX

2 comments:

  1. i will get you a pic of your lovely runner. i think lulu's fabric was Pop Garden or Woodlands? I have been sitting on Lulu's floor for almost 2 hours and I am at my end. If I leave she calls out... I want to SEW!!!!!!

    By the way where is the pic of your brothers quilt and what about Abdullahs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abdulla's? I don't remember doing one for him! As for my brothers, I can't for the life of me find a pic although I do remember taking plenty. Especially when I was finishing off the binding in France.

    Oh by the way, I purgured(is that a word) your pics. I should edit and add a NB.

    Good luck tonight, three pairs of shorts done four to go and then the bloomin tshirts.

    I'm off to bed!

    ReplyDelete