Saturday, June 13, 2009

I always knew I had a problem......

Since Wednesday, I have been feeling rotten and I mean lettuce at the bottom of the rubbish bin rotten. I have felt doubly awful as I have a mega to do list to achieve by Wednesday.

So on Thursday when my mother kindly took the kids off my hands for the afternoon, I did the photo thing, went through the toys and tidied up the toy room, the guest room and the kids bedroom. Could it have waited? Maybe. You see, the kids and I are going away on Thursday for a few days. I get this terrible urge before I go anywhere to sort through cupboards and get organised! Why, why, why? It drives me up the wall, the urge gets me all stressed out, not doing it just puts me in to a bad mood and getting it done? Well, that’s just sheer BLISS. But it always dregs up more to add to my 'to do' list! It’s just a vicious circle that I can’t get out of!

Noora (that’s DD) decided that I should make all the small people we will be seeing on the trip some PJ bottoms and appliquéd t-shirts. Two sets of the bottoms have been cut and sewn; I have four more to do plus all the t-shirts. Just to add, I have never appliquéd a thing in my life!! I will be on the phone to Isra quite a lot over the next few days.

Ooh I also have a baby quilt to make and need to bake some date cakes to take with me. Wish me luck, I wouldn't bother!

2 comments:

  1. Get real gal, that is like all in an afternoons work for you! Just remember to start with a cup of tea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now hang on a minute, I did not receive a date cake! I'll polish off the chocolate brownie and the Krispy Kremes that were 'for the children'.

    ReplyDelete