Friday, November 6, 2009

Sewing Up a Storm

With the two craft fairs looming, I have been sewing up a storm or at least trying to. Schools runs are the greatest interruption to my sewing day.

Yesterday evening the kids started the usual pre bedtime, arguing, fighting, refusing to do as their told and so I shouted at them. The kind of shouting your mother did that instilled the fear of god in you, the kind  you promised yourself that you would never do to your kids!

Before bed time I usually remind Noora, that she has to sleep in her bed so that the that the fairies can come in and sprinkle dust on her. They are the kindness fairy to help her to be kind to others even when she doesn’t want to be, the growing fairy to help her grow, the hardworking fairy to help her to work hard when things are difficult. I digress but you get the picture?  Noora looked at me and I said: ‘I hope the kindness fairy comes tonight and sprinkles her dust on you to make you more kind’’.  As you can imagine, I was gobsmacked but mostly ashamed of my behaviour and quite rightly still am!

I haven’t got any pictures to post as I haven’t charged my camera for a while and so haven’t been able to take any.

I’m hoping the next time I post, I’ll be able to show you all the hard work and in the mean time pray that the hardworking fairy finds my room and gives me an extra sprinkling of her magic dust!

XX

1 comment: