Friday, October 23, 2009

I’m Back!

It has been a bit hectic around here! Scratch that, it hasn’t been hectic but we have been trying to get used to our new routine. I seem to spend most of my life in the car. Dropping and collecting Noora takes up to three hours a day and Abdulla is about a forty minute round trip. So you can imagine, time is precious. The kids school/nursery is in opposite directions and so on the mornings that Mohamed can’t help out, my poor mum gets up at five and hits the road by six fifteen (the rush hour traffic is terrible) to be here in time to have a cup of tea before we all leave the house at seven twenty!!! It’s madness, I tell you, absolute madness. My mum jokes that she only stopped doing the school run a couple of years ago(Sara graduated in 2007) and already  she’s back on it. We wouldn’t manage without her help.
The kids have been back at school for the past three weeks, being back on a routine is great ( I am a bit Autistic that way). We’ve already had two parent’s nights at the school (more driving) and the birthday party invitations are rolling in(aaaaaaaaahhhh). All in all the kids have settled well. My kids are so different, Abdulla gives me every detail of what happens at nursery even down to the fact that he ate Ghalibs crackers! but Noora won’t tell me a thing, not a teeny tiny bit of information, nada!
On to more exciting news, Isra and I have committed to taking two tables for the Women's Guild craft fair on the 17th of November. Another bit of madness, which one of us thought that one up, I wonder? So we have both, very belatedly been sewing up a storm. I will be making coasters, napkins, table savers, tea towels, aprons, plastic bag dispensers, market bags and some patchwork messenger bags. phew….madness right. So far I have made the twelve Plastic bag dispensers, Yay!
PBD 001
PBD 005 
I’m off to do story and bed time, make a herbal cup of tea then I need to work out which project I will be starting on tomorrow.
I won’t leave it too long next time!
XX

1 comment:

  1. Trust me you will leave it this long again next year and then we can all run around like we are now saying we should have started earlier LOL, the madness of it all keeps us sane I think!
    They look great, well done. i got no sewing for the fair done today so I am behind you my dear ;-)

    ReplyDelete