Sunday, November 15, 2009

Lip Service!

 

I should be sewing but really want to blog. I want to blog about the AWG Bazaar that we did on Friday and a few other things but can’t! I still have to sew for the women's guild bazaar on Tuesday morning. So I’ll tell you this little story because I’m worried I’ll forget and because it’s just S W E E T.

Abdulla and I were sitting at the traffic lights the other day, when he spotted a man and woman who had just crossed the road holding hands. Abdulla was very quite and thoughtful as they walked away from us. I was curious, so I asked: Abdulla, are you looking at them holding hands? Yes, he replied very very quietly. “Do you think it’s nice?’’ Very thoughtfully he replied: ‘Yes”. As we were driving away he said: “That lady is not that mans mummy but she is holding his hand (!!!!!) and a moment later: that man can hold her hand but he’s not allowed to kiss her on the lips, only mummies can kiss you on the lips’’.

Well, I was stumped! What are you supposed to say to that? I hope he’s not too disappointed  with me the day he finds out that he’s not the only man I kiss and I know for sure that I will be devastated when he starts reserving his lips for some little Miss.

That was worthy of a cup of tea.

XX

2 comments:

  1. that is so sweet, he is such a lovely boy Laila a real credit to you. Give him a big hug for me.

    ReplyDelete