Dado and Rita arrived two weeks ago for their annual holiday, so you can imagine we tried to squeeze in as much time with them as possible. Thing is, we didn’t get any photo’s. We had a lovely mothers day despite it being a day late, the kids helped to make some heart shaped cup cakes, we did some sight seeing, lots of swimming, breakfasts, lunches and dinners. They last Tuesday, I was very upset to see them go.
ok, this one’s the best of a bad bunch!!!
I managed to get the quilts done!
It’s the perfect size to keep warm whilst watching TV. I stitched in the ditch with this one, boy is straight line stitching very unforgiving!
For Rita’s quilt I used Heather Bailey’s Pop Garden for the front of the quilt and the back and binding are Sandi Henderson’s farmers market. On this one for the quilting I Shadow stitched, not as bad as stiching in the ditch.
My first finishes for 2010, thank goodness. I’m hoping to get two more done before my thailand holiday at the end of the month. Wish me luck!
FUN!
Hi Laila, What lovely quilts!! Your fabrics are wow... and colourful. Wish you all the best for your remaining project.
ReplyDeleteLovely snaps of your trip to Dubai...
Hi there Laila, what a great job you have done. To think I last saw this as a concept and now I have the pleasure of seeing the finished product. Well done you are inspiration to us who may have been, well lets say stalling in regards to finishing projects. Take care of yourself, looking forward to seeing more wonderfully completed projects. S
ReplyDeletepretty quilts - love the colors.
ReplyDeleteI just love your quilts...they are so gorgeous!
ReplyDelete