I wanted to use grey for the plain fabric but couldn’t find the right colour and or weight. If I were to do it again, I would make sure that my dark was a solid. See how the blocks with the solid fabrics pop better? I am liking it but not loving it yet.
The fabric’s used in this quilt are Urban Chicks 1974 Jelly Roll and an Ikea bed sheet ( that idea came courtesy of Amanda Jean over at Crazy Mom Quilts).
Laila x
wow when did you get this one done? I am not sure yet, you know how I get about dimensions, I am sure there is a medical term for it somewhere... got to look at this a few times I think. Who is this for? Oh and I love the Persian rug background LOL. It is like that picture when you look at it and some people see the old hag and others see the young woman ... this quilt does exactly to me. Sometimes I see the hourglasses and then bang their gone and I see the diamond ....
ReplyDeleteI started the morning the turned us back from school. That was a great day, I got so much done. It's for Dado, a get a bit of vertigo looking at it - i hopw the quilting takes care of that feeling xx
ReplyDeleteWorking on quilting it tonight, look out fro my first finish of 2010!
ReplyDeleteIt looks like a patchwork quilt - I'm sure theres a design in there somewhere but I think you'd have to be a quilter to see it. I'm not too sure that non-quilters, or the lucky person receving it, would actually look for anything in the make up of it.
ReplyDeletemama
xxxxxx
Laila, The quilt is beautiful.... love the geometric shapes of the hour glass, and lovely fabric combo. And your header looks great.....Both the little ones looks cute....
ReplyDelete