Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Catch Up!

I’m trying to catch up, I can’t believe that it is March already.
My Gal Pal’s and a Gal Pal’s mum and I went up to Dubai to attend the Dubai quilt Show (which was fantastic, there’s a lot of talent in the region) and take part in Janine Ibbni’s bag workshop and visit the new craft shop.
First things first, we got to go to a real craft shop. I for one had never been in one before and went a bit bonkers! See…..
P1010074
It was nice to be able to see and touch the fabric before I bought it.
P1010075
A little more green for that green and grey quilt, which I will make one day!
P1010076
some pre-cuts, to whip up a quick quilt…….. stop laughing!
P1010077
more African prints for Tariq’s quilt
P1010078
Beautiful Fabric for a little boy who was recently born, his mother holds a very special place in my heart.
P1010082
Eye Candy
P1010083
and this, can you guess what I’m going to be doing?
P1010084
Do we look less deprived?
P1000934
Maybe not!
The class with Janine was a real hoot, very informal and Isra and I were allowed to giggle away to our hearts content until the lady in front of us told us that we reminded her of her daughter and her teenage friends at a slumber party, we toned it down a bit after that!
Isra from sew2bhappy at workP1000942
Me (can you see all those Bernina boxes behind me?) oh and being an Arab I like to sit on the floor :-)P1000943
For some reason my picture of Alia has a line going through it, she blogs over at Coffee Beans Dailies. We shared a room, spoke too late in to the night, giggled like school girls.
We didn’t get the bags done – this is what the bag will look like once done, it was a bit adventurous for one day. However, I learned to use the angles on my ruler and have started another quilt!
We also went to Dubai Mall to shop, we met Simone and had  Thai for dinner and watched the fountains which is when I must have lost my phone! Our last minute Dash to Ikea and festival city ended with two flat tyres and I mustn't forget my cracked windscreen! So all in all a great time was had by all….
What have you been up to?
Laila x
P.S    Sorry Ma xxx

8 comments:

  1. Oh man that looks like so much fun, wait it WAS so much fun and I want to do it all again minus the flat tyres. But then again you are a bit kick-arse (and I say that here??) when it comes to changing a tyre girlfriend!! thanks and hugs for that ...
    And guess what I can't knit this Monday as I have my first Parents coffee morning... woo hoo, so maybe we can have some Costa time with my ma later in the week??? I am eager to get started on mine too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A parents coffee morning WTH? I don't know if I envy you or preotect you. I hope there's good finger sarnies especially considering the fees.... and we'll do it all again next year;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post Laila! It was a great time! I want to go up for this event next year too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW seems you like ladies had fun..I envy ladies..oh my Laila all that fabric i cant blame you for going bonkers who wouldnt?!

    Thanks for sharing pics of the trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its ok love - thats what Ma's are for. lololol

    ReplyDelete
  7. BEAUTIFUL post! I used to visit you often, then lost my links and couldn't find you- today is the day woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your fabrics are beautiful, I cant wait to see what you make with them. Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog. I sold out of a few things, but I think the weather kept some people away. Its a great feeling to have people look, admire and buy your goodies.

    ReplyDelete