Sunday, February 7, 2010

UFO’s

I have had quite a few UFO’s lying around of late and so have decided to join Nancy’s over at Pink Penguins 2010 UFO Challenge. I am not sure if these UFO’s can only be quilt related, so I have two groups of UFO’s, I will list the non-quilty stuff separately!
P1000910my wonky log cabin quilt made completely of scraps,I have made 16 blocks and need another eight. This one is for myself and I really want to finish it by the end of the month, I’m going to consider this my January challenge (Isra- stop laughing).
P1000920I started making this for a friends mother who was very ill with cancer but didn’t have the heart to finish it, she is on the road the recovery now and I would like to get it done and out of the way ASAP! It needs a border and to be quilted and bound. My February challenge. So Two For February!
P1000921These Blocks are the makings of my MIL’s quilt, they have been sitting for a couple of years now. I have loved it and then hated it and am now just going to plough along and get it done. I need to sew the blocks together in to a quilt top and then quilt and bind.
P1000914Diana’s quilt, I need to get this quilted and bound by April, which is when she has a birthday and  is to leaving to go back to the Philippines. It has been sitting for nearly a year boo hiss to me!  The two previous ones can be March, not much to be done there as long as I get moving!
P1000912This is the first quilt I ever made but have still not bound!
P1000928 I must must must finish this stacked coins quilt, I could get it done in a morning if I got my butt in gear!
Both the previous ones are April!
and then there’s these!
P1000915        pot holders need to be bound, I have about twenty!!!P1000916 Aprons to be sewnP1000917 3 x patchwork bags
P1000918
napkins to be top stiched
P1000922
Noora needs some new pillow cases
P1000919 
kids lounge pants and shorts
Nancy asks that you pick ten UFO’s and list them numerically, she will then select a number and you work on the project number picked (make sense?). I haven’t got ten unfinished quilts and what I do have won’t take long to get done once started hence the reason for listing two projects per month and also I have to meet me some deadlines! So I'm not really following the rules-sorry- but I’m hoping that joining a challenge will give me incentive to get things done.
My Dado married his partner Rita, in August last year and I have threatening to make them matching quilts as a wedding present! Now I’m aiming towards their first wedding anniversary or maybe if I’m on a roll I'll get them done before the summer. I even have the fabric picked out!
      P1000925       P1000926
So my aim is to get any UFO done and out the door!
This is the second challenge I have joined so far this year, I am so full of good intentions. Wish me luck!

5 comments:

  1. wow...gorgeous fabric...good luck for your
    UFOs

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Laila, I have sat here looking at each one saying, "huh I thought that was finished", so do you think there are some commitment / follow through issues here??? LOL. Gosh what amazing fabrics you have there ... just gorgeous. You have made me smile ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What are you talking about woman! of course i never finished them...... I have issues but so my friend do you ;-)
    Thanks Nima, hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, Love, Love your wonky log cabins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmhhmmmmmm Dado and Rita

    You could it done if you start now.

    They're here till the 17th March.

    And don't yah just love me.

    And isn't Isra glad I'm not her mum.

    xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete