Sunday, February 7, 2010

It Rained!

The Weather Man had forecast unstable weather for the weekend but it never came. This morning started off a little over cast and very quickly progressed to being pitch black and then the heavens opened and I mean cat’s and dog’s. I jumped in the car to collect Abdulla from nursery and made it there fine, I jumped out the car and yelped, the rain was freezing cold!!! By the time I made it in to the nursery, I was soaked and thanking god that my shirt’s fabric was of the darker thicker variety! The dad’s on the other hand were wearing their lovely white Dishdasha’s, gosh those Dishdasha’s hide a multitude of sins. I now know which ones go commando and who prefers boxers to briefs!
030 
Mohamed is wearing a Dishdasha in this photo
We made it back to the car and in the process of getting Abdulla strapped in to his car seat, I got even more soaked. It took us an hour to get home (the nursery is ten minutes away), by the time we got back we were both freezing, my shoes and the bottoms of my jeans were sodden, we were soaked through. I went to get changed and even had to change my under wear. I was in the rain for a total of four minutes.
I’ve mentioned before how much we love the rain and how little we get, we sat at the front door with hot chocolate and socks on and watched it coming down. Noora said: ‘mama I love the rain it makes my heart so happy’ and Abdulla said:’let’s go splashing’!’
I hope you get a few more days of this and then I will be able to accept the fact that our winter has been short this year but at least we got some rain!
P1000924 This is how we dry clothes when it rains! See the fan at the top of the picture?
I couldn’t take any photo’s but Isra has some over on her blog.

xx

p.s. My mother and I have taken up Tennis and I have used the cross trainner twice since it has been repaired, progress right?

2 comments:

  1. good progress ... and will ya let that telephone of yours die a death already (Lord knows it has been dropped enough - place a DNR on it now!!) so you can get a phone with a camera so next time we can see the rain and dishdashas ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh god no - not the dishdashas and the multitude of sins. think of us old people.

    mama
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete