Sunday, October 4, 2009

Schools Starts!

After many delays, school finally started for Noora today!

I had good intentions and was in bed by 9:30 but I couldn’t for the life of me get any sleep! I kept tossing and turning and thinking about my wee munchkin at big school! I got up three times to either go to the loo, have a drink of water and panicked and had to check the school website to make sure I had made the check out to the school correctly. In the end I gave up and succumbed to a giant bag of Fritto corn chips, I ate half so am patting myself on the back for not eating the entire packet.

I wanted to take a picture of her before we left for school but she put  her hand up in front to her face and very seriously said “No pictures please”! But I managed to get his one of her in the car – don’t you just love the ‘I am sooooo taking this in my stride  and what’s all the fuss about expression’?010 We went in, she sat down at a table and joined in with the activity. I told her I had to go and she looked at me and said ‘Ok, go’, I asked her for a big cuddle and a kiss and she looked at me as if I was mad!

For some children school can be an awful place and others just sail through, I sincerely hope that Noora finds her feet and sails through. I would hate for the next thirteen years to be a chore, lets keep our fingers crossed eh?

5 comments:

  1. she looked so grown up in her uniform and as a pleased as punch. her trainers looked about 5 sizes too big even though they fit her perfectly. her little knees looked too young to be at school. so did the pony tails.

    don't send her again.

    mum
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you made it Mom! Enjoy each stage of her life. I now get to watch my son with his boys and know that I must have done most things right. He's a good father.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noora loved her first day of school and didn't want to come home! She is exhausted so dinner is going to be a challenge, my crystal ball tell's me that there will be screaming alla banshee and lots of it.

    Janet, I am looking forward to watching the different stages of her life but I know it will pass in a blink of an eye... My Nana used to say that she wished she could spray us with starch so that we wouldn't get any older. I am feeling that way today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely glad to hear that she is loving school lets hope that continues for many, many years!

    Hadeel is still at home and will be until the 7th of Nov!!!

    Can i borrow the can of spray startch once you are done with it?

    ReplyDelete