Monday, January 4, 2010

A Belated Merry Christmas

I know I’m three weeks behind schedule but better late than never.  Can you imagine the chaos it would have caused had I been born Santa? Was Santa born? In the history of Santa has he ever been a she? deep huh?

So my little sister made it home for the holidays, she is living in the UK whilst she trains to be a teacher  and so we only see her when she on her breaks from Uni. However, on this trip she has had assignments to complete and so I have hardly seen her. She brought with her Holiday cheer and a suitcase full of goodies. My mum and I couldn’t face the prospect of putting up the tree without her being here and hence no holiday cheer bah humbug! Noora and I went to my Mum’s the Tuesday before christmas and they put up the tree together. Thank You Aunty Sara!

P1000833

not the best the best pictures, I took them at night!

P1000864 

Sugar Plum Fairy

P1000845

inscribed on this fairy is hope, wish, expectation, trust, dream and faith

P1000841

Salim made this for my mum years ago, it’s getting a bit bald but is still very much loved.

P1000863

Santa is in actual fact a Scots man, that’s one less worry for me!

P1000869 P1000866

and his elves are actually highland dancers and handbag queens!

P1000858

Santa’s sustenance, he ate both biscuits and drank all the milk – he needs to go on a diet!

P1000875

our explosive Christmas eve, in more ways than one. I was shot in the chest with a champagne cork (it was quite intense, I really did think that  had been shot). The phrase “mother of god, I have been shot’’ will forever bring my family to it’s knees – pardon the pun.

P1000877

Abdulla

P1000879

Noora

P1000886

Once again mama out did herself in the kitchen. This year we in the Mawali household discovered the joys of Pavlova which was demolished before any pictures could be taken. This is the new years day pavlova before we attacked it.

P1000889 One minute later….

I hope you had a lovely time with family and friends this christmas.

Laila xx

2 comments:

  1. Get your Valentines post ready now and then you will be ready!
    Marry Christmas, Happy New Year xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete